Research Centers & Cores
UNC-CH is dedicated to making significant advances in basic research, as well as translating these discoveries to improving healthcare, education and society. To help organize these efforts, researchers with common interests are concentrated in a variety of Centers that support core facilities, training programs and outreach efforts.
List of centers with BBSP affiliated faculty
- Blood Research Center
- Bowles Center for Alcohol Studies
- Carolina Center of Nanotechnology Excellence
- Center for AIDS Research
- Center for Gastrointestinal Biology & Disease
- Center for Infectious Disease
- Dental Research Center
- Gene Therapy Center
- Integrative Program for Biological and Genome Sciences
- Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center
- McAllister Heart Institute
- Neurodevelopmental Disorder Research Center
- Neuroscience Center
- Thurston Arthritis Center
A comprehensive list of UNC research centers can be found here.
UNC-CH has more than 45 core facilities that provide resources and expertise to our research community. Watch the video below for an overview of our institutional commitment to researchers, and a full list of facilities can be found here.