Welcome to the UNC-CH
Biomedical Research Programs
at ABRCMS 2023
If we are not available, then please complete this form
and we will get back to you!
BBSP Application Fee Opportunities
The application fee set by the UNC Graduate School is $95. Fee waivers are available through the UNC Graduate School for domestic students only. Visit the Graduate School’s website to learn if you qualify and how to apply – https://gradschool.unc.edu/admissions/feewaiver.html.
A limited number of application fee scholarships are available to cover the application fee for individuals applying to the BBSP who visit our ABRCMS booth. These scholarships are distinct from the fee waivers available via the UNC Graduate School. To be considered for a BBSP Application Fee Scholarship, you must:
- Be ineligible for the Graduate School’s fee waiver
- Speak with a BBSP representative at our ABRCMS booth (#1444)
- Have your badge scanned at our ABRCMS booth
Instructions for utilizing the BBSP Application Fee Scholarship will be shared with booth registrants following the ABRCMS conference. Please address questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Our Programs
Click on the program name to visit each website or click on the image to view the program flyer!
Additional Programs of Interest:
- Biomedical Summer Research Programs – Applications open in January 2024
- Carolina Postdoc Program for Faculty Diversity
- Rising Star Program for Faculty Diversity – Application Opens November 2023
Student Identity Groups & Resources
We want students to bring their full selves to graduate school. Here are some, but not all, of the resources that students of different identities have available.
- Resources for LGBTIA+ students
- STEM Pride student group
- Society for Black Biomedical Scientists
- UNC Women in Science
- UNC SACNAS
- Black Graduate & Professional Student Association
- Diversity and Student Success
- First Nations Graduate Circle
- Allies for Minorities and Women in Science and Engineering
Living in the Triangle
Our area of NC has a lot to offer. We have access to both nature and big cities, and both the mountains and the beaches are just a few hours away. On the map below, you can find out more about where our students live, what they like to do, and where they like to eat. See our page on Living in the Triangle for more information.