Welcome to UNC-CH Biomedical Graduate Education
Research Programs at ABRCMS
Thank you so much for your interest in our programs!
Click to Join the Biomedical Research Team in their GatherTown virtual space
If you are unable to enter our GatherTown,
then please complete this form and we will contact you!
About Our Programs
Click on the program name to visit each website or click on the image to view the program flyer!
Additional Programs of Interest:
- SURE (NSF REU) Summer Research Program – Apply October 25, 2021 thru February 18, 2022
- Carolina Postdoc Program for Faculty Diversity – Application closed November 15, 2021
- Rising Star Program for Faculty Diversity – Application Opens January 2022
BBSP Application Fee Scholarship
Application fee scholarships are available to cover the application fee for students from populations historically underrepresented in the biomedical sciences. These scholarships are distinct from the fee waivers available via the UNC Graduate School. To be considered for a fee scholarship, please complete the Fee Scholarship Eligibility survey. This survey should be completed prior to submission of your BBSP application and prior to the final deadline to apply… the earlier the better. Each submission must be reviewed manually, so it may take a few business days for you to receive a response about your eligibility for a fee scholarship. For questions or additional info, please contact the Director of Diversity Affairs.
Student Identity Groups & Resources
We want students to bring their full selves to graduate school. Here are some, but not all, of the resources that students of different identities have available.
- Resources for LGBTIA+ students
- STEM Pride student group
- Society for Black Biomedical Scientists
- UNC Women in Science
- UNC SACNAS
- Black Graduate & Professional Student Association
- Diversity and Student Success
- First Nations Graduate Circle
- Allies for Minorities and Women in Science and Engineering
Living in the Triangle
Our area of NC has a lot to offer. We have access to both nature and big cities, and both the mountains and the beaches are just a few hours away. On the map below, you can find out more about where our students live, what they like to do, and where they like to eat. See our page on Living in the Triangle for more information.