Congratulations on your opportunity to interview for BBSP! We’re excited to get to meet you and show you around our campus and Chapel Hill. A pdf copy of our program introduction slides is available here: Interview weekend introduction to BBSP 2020.
Sign up for Saturday morning activities on this Google doc.
- PhD program info and classes: learn more about each of the 14 different PhD programs you have to choose from when joining BBSP
- Increasing STEM diversity: the Initiative for Maximizing Student Development is a community for underrepresented groups to succeed in scientific research. See this summary, and if you’re interested to learn more, you can visit the IMSD website.
- Career development at UNC: career coaching, workshops, networking, and internships and other experience opportunities. See this overview of career development at UNC, and for more information you can visit the TIBBS website.
- Certificate in Translational Medicine: a mentored research opportunity to gain experience in translating research to clinical settings. See this summary, and if you’re interested to learn more, you can visit the TransMed website.
- Certificate in College Science Teaching: learn best practices in teaching science and gain experience. See this summary, and if you’re interested to learn more, you can visit the CCST website.
Student Identity Groups & Resources
We want students to bring their full selves to graduate school. Here are some, but not all, of the resources that students of different identities have available.
Living in the Triangle
Our area of NC has a lot to offer. We have access to both nature and big cities, and both the mountains and the beaches are just a few hours away. On the map below, you can find out more about where our students live, what they like to do, and where they like to eat. See our page on Living in the Triangle for more information.