UNC Virtual Visit
Thursday, April 7, 2022 @ 6pm EST
BBSP will be hosting a virtual event on April 7th at 6pm. We will have two main sessions during this event:
- 6-7:30pm: Zoom info session w/ current students
- 7:30pm: Zoom informational session for international students
- Prerecorded lab and campus tours
- PhD Program Student Representatives
Informational Session with Current Students (Zoom Link)
- Opening session overview
- Breakout rooms with specific topics. Applicants can move between rooms as needed. Topics include:
- Learning about Chapel Hill and Surrounding Areas
- Navigating BBSP Rotations
- What to consider when choosing a PhD program
- Science Related Extracurricular Activities
- Living in the Area
- All Other Questions
- Accepted Students Room (meet other applicants who have accepted the offer)
International Informational Session with Current Students (Zoom Link)
- Our current international students will be available to answer questions and share their experiences transitioning into their PhD.
Lab and Campus Tours (YouTube Link)
- Our current students have created videos of their labs and some other areas on campus.
- Curious about life as a UNC graduate student? Check out more content, including a 360 virtual tour of campus, apartment tours, and conversations with current graduate students here.
PhD Program Student Representatives
- Do you have specific questions about a PhD program? These students are happy to answer your questions or connect you to someone who can help!
- Google Doc Link:
UNC Campus Visit
We look forward to welcoming you to campus for an in-person visit. Your health and safety are our top priority, so here’s what you need to know about how we’re keeping you and our campus community safe during your visit:
- UNC campus has lifted the indoor mask mandate (as of 3/7/22). Please see the current recommendations here: https://carolinatogether.unc.edu/
- We will require masks while riding on our transportation (airport and campus shuttles)
- During events where we are together in a large group, we will encourage wearing a mask to protect each other.
- Attendance at all planned events is optional based on your interest and comfort level
- These policies are very new for UNC and we are still adjusting. We are asking current students and prospective students to be patient and respectful with each other as we adapt to these changes.
For more information about BBSP and the Chapel Hill area, be sure to check out our Admitted Students page.
We are only able to accommodate domestic airfare for these visits. It is important that you register quickly to ensure your slot since each visit has limited capacity. If you are interested in visiting UNC in person but cannot attend one of the above dates, for any reason, please email email@example.com to discuss possible accommodations.
We won’t be able to cover the costs of other meals or transportation not mentioned above.
- Casual clothes (dressing in layers is helpful this time of year)
- Comfortable walking shoes (some labs require closed-toed shoes for a tour)
- Umbrella or poncho if rain is in the forecast
- Good-quality face mask: required for transportation and at some local businesses, optional otherwise (we will be able to provide a surgical mask, if needed)
- Rapid COVID test kit
- Insurance card (in case medical treatment is needed)
- Computer or smart device (in case quarantining is needed)
Orange County (where UNC-CH is situated) and nearby Durham County have no active mask mandates. However, businesses may choose to still require masks if they wish.